Golden Rose Synagogue

Ruins in Lviv

The late-16th-century Golden Rose Synagogue stood at the heart of the inner district before the Nazis blew it up in 1943. A piece of wasteland for decades, the site is now occupied by a new and very moving monument to those who died in the Holocaust. Another synagogue once stood in the open lot directly across vul Staroyevreyska.

Advertisement