Former Synagogue

Historic Site in Tarnów

The area east of the Rynek was traditionally inhabited by Jews, but little of the original architecture survived the German occupation in WWII. Of the 17th-century former synagogue off ul Żydowska, destroyed by the Germans in 1939, only the brick bimah (from where the Torah was read) and few pieces of mortar still stand.

Advertisement