Corpus Christi Parish Church

Church in Biecz

The town's monumental parish church is located 100m west of the Rynek. This mighty Gothic brick structure, evidence of the town’s erstwhile affluence, dates from the 15th century. Inside, the chancel (the area surrounding the altar) holds most of the church’s treasures, notably the late-Renaissance high altar and massive stalls, all from the early 17th century. Note the impressive crucifix from 1639.

Advertisement