When to go and weather
High Season (Nov–Feb)
- Cooler and windy, with almost Mediterranean temperatures.
- Book accommodation in advance during the peak Christmas and New Year period.
Shoulder (Apr & Oct)
- In April and May the mercury hits 40°C and visitors melt.
- October and November are an excellent time for exploration as rains taper off while the dusty dry season has yet to begin.
Low Season (May–Sep)
- The rainy season means emerald-green landscapes and awesome cloud formations.
- Big accommodation discounts and protective cloud cover make this a great time to visit the temples.
- South Coast can be busy as Western visitors escape for summer holidays while school is out.