12 funny 'lost in translation' photos
Have you seen funny mistaken translations on your travels abroad?
In the Lost in Translation photo contest on the Lonely Planet Facebook page, travellers are posting some of their best photos of #epictranslationfail from around the world - and the results are surprising and hilarious. The contest is only a few days in, and already some of the submissions have been creating waves of giggling around the Lonely Planet offices. Here is a sampling of some of the staff favourites so far:
1. Do not give that cow the keys, no matter what it says
2. Don't press that red button
Really? At the lift??? - Photo submitted by Nadx S.
3. Proof that there are lost in translation moments even within the English speaking world
4. Everyone enjoys riding the Norse
5. Kids these days
6. Wait, this sign doesn't mean 'camel parking'?
7. Never fear, the anti-fire things are here
Things for anti-fire - Photo submitted by Dave K.
8. This might be a good time to turn around
9. Welcome to Obviousville
It's obvious. - Photo submitted by Masdyanna B.
10. Man, it's cold as ice to take Foreigner's luggage.
11. This has all the makings of a romantic comedy
Coca-Cola way or Pepsi way.....Which one should I take?? (Carmelo, Uruguay) - Photo submitted by Andrea D.
12. Probably best to follow these instructions
Do you have a great lost in translation photo from your travels? Enter the contest on the Lonely Planet Facebook page (end date: 17 November) for a chance to win an iPad and the new Lonely Planet Offline Translator apps, and vote for your favourites!Never get lost in translation again with Lonely Planet's new Offline Translator apps for iPhone, iPad and Android.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter
Get more travel inspiration, tips and exclusive offers sent straight to your inbox