St David's Lighthouse

Lighthouse in St George's Parish
Anna Kaminski
Anna Kaminski

One of Bermuda's two lighthouses, St David's was allegedly erected in 1879 to deter the enterprising local 'wreckers,' who'd deliberately light fires in order to lure unsuspecting ships onto the rocks surrounding the island and then loot the shipwreck. Climb the 85 steps to the top for all-encompassing 360-degree views of Bermuda.