Opened in 1906 to serve immigrants with the surname Chan, this Cantonese-style temple is a beauty. Decorative panels of 100-year-old Shek Wan pottery adorn the facade and eaves, while side gables swirl like giant waves. Inside, an altar enshrines the three ancestors of the Chan clan. At research time the temple was closed due to an ongoing restoration project to replace the distinctive green roof tiles with grey ones in deference to the original model temple in Guangzhou, China.