Designed by Lars Sonck and completed in 1912, this 65m-high Lutheran church is a Helsinki landmark and visible from all over the city. Built from grey granite and topped with a domed copper roof, it is a classic example of National Romantic art nouveau style. Acoustics are superb: check the website for details of regular organ concerts. The tower has seven bronze bells, four of which play a Sibelius composition every day at noon and 6pm.