Capilla de las Capuchinas Sacramentarias

Chapel in Ciudad Universitaria & Tlalpan

There’s a sublime simplicity about this chapel, located inside a convent for Capuchin nuns. Designed by modernist architect Luis Barragán in 1952, the austere altar, free of the usual iconography, consists only of a trio of gold panels. In the morning, light streams through a stained-glass window made by German-Mexican artist Mathias Goeritz. Visits of 30 to 40 minutes by appointment only; cash only.