Gibbs Hill Lighthouse

Lighthouse in Warwick & Southampton Parishes

When it was erected in 1846, this 117ft lighthouse dramatically reduced the number of shipwrecks caused by running aground on reefs that encircle Bermuda. The lighthouse is made of prefabricated cast iron, shipped from England, and the views from the top are second to none. Near the foot of the lighthouse is a plaque commemorating the fact that Queen Elizabeth II stopped here to admire the view in 1953.