When to go and weather
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Warm days across the country, with generally high temperatures.
- Busiest season, with big crowds and higher prices.
- In ski-resort areas, January to March is high season.
Shoulder (Apr–May & Sep–Oct)
- Milder temperatures, fewer crowds.
- Spring flowers (April) and fiery autumn colors (October) in many parts of the country.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- Wintery days, with snowfall in the north, and heavier rains in some regions.
- Lowest prices for accommodations (aside from ski resorts and warmer getaway destinations).