Corpus Christi Church

Church in Kazimierz

In the northeastern corner of Plac Wolnica and founded in 1340, this was the first church in Kazimierz and for a long time the town’s parish church. Its interior has been almost totally fitted out with baroque furnishings, including the huge high altar, extraordinary massive carved stalls in the chancel and a boat-shaped pulpit. Note the surviving early-15th-century stained-glass window in the sanctuary and the crucifix hanging above the chancel.