Serra dei Giardini

Notable Building in Castello

This attractive iron-framed greenhouse was built in 1894 to house the palms used in Biennale events. It rapidly expanded into a social hub and a centre for propagation: many plants grown here adorned the municipal flowerbeds of the Lido and the ballrooms of aristocratic palazzi (mansions). Restored in 2010, it now has a cafe and hosts events, exhibitions and workshops.

Advertisement