This Georgian townhouse was built between 1766 and 1771 by the Society of Artists as the first purpose-built public exhibition room in the British Isles. During the 19th century it served as an unofficial city hall – Daniel O'Connell delivered one of his most famous speeches here in 1843 – but it is now the headquarters of the Irish Georgian Society, which is restoring it to its original purpose. It hosts occasional exhibitions.
City Assembly House
Grafton Street & St Stephen's Green