Anguk-sa

Temple in Muju

Originally built in 1227, Anguk-sa housed a secret Joseon dynasty archive known as Sagak; later, monk soldiers lived at the temple to protect these documents. In 1995, the temple was relocated to its current site due to the construction of a power plant. The temple overlooks Sanjeong Lake and has a collection of Buddha statues from around the world.