Welcome to Cagayan de Oro
Walking the crowded, student-laden downtown streets of Cagayan de Oro (the ‘Oro’ refers to the gold discovered by the Spanish in the river here), not only do you move faster than traffic, but you also pick up on the energy of youth. Otherwise, it's a mostly ordinary expanding and developing Filipino city with a strong culinary scene. Much of Cagayan’s relatively robust economy centres on the Del Monte pineapple-processing plant north of town. Nestlé and Pepsi also make their corporate homes in the Philippines here. Popular with Korean tourists who come for English lessons, the comparatively cool climate and golf, the city is also the base for outdoor adventures such as rafting, hiking, rock climbing and caving.
Amazing hotels and hostels
We've pre-picked the best hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Food and drink
- Circa Eatery in Cagayan de OroInternational
- Panagatan in Cagayan de OroSeafood
- Redtail Shrimps & More in Cagayan de OroSeafood
- Lokal Grill in Cagayan de OroFilipino
- Mai Cafe in Cagayan de OroCafe
- 4Daboys Tavern in Cagayan de OroFilipino
- Guiseppe Pizzeria & Sicilian Roast in Cagayan de OroItalian
- Seablings in Cagayan de OroSeafood
- Rosario Arcade in Cagayan de OroInternational
- Ayala Centrio Mall in Cagayan de OroInternational