Church of St John the Evangelist

Church in Casablanca

The oldest church building still in use in Casablanca, this Anglican house of worship was built in 1906 on land owned by the British Crown. There are services at 9.30am (contemporary) and 11.30am (traditional) each Sunday. The cemetery on the site predates the church, having been built in 1864. The pulpit was donated by General George Patton, the WWII general who led Allied troops ashore at Safi in November 1942 as part of Operation Torch.

Advertisement