Built in 1865 by Viennese architect Ignatz Schuhmann, the synagogue acts as an important keynote in Jewish history – Jews in the Austro-Hungarian Empire were emancipated in 1864, when permission was given to build the synagogue. It was closed at the time of research for a massive renovation, but the fine exterior is worth taking in.

Walking & Biking Tours activity

Small-Group Timișoara Cycling Tour

$38