Witches’ Tower

Historic Building in Słupsk

Only three remnants of the 15th-century fortified walls that once encircled the town survive: one of these is the Witches’ Tower which had a sensational career as a 17th-century jail for women suspected of witchcraft; in total, 18 women were executed here up to 1714. Nowadays the tower houses temporary exhibitions for the Baltic Gallery of Contemporary Art.

Advertisement