A man in China was taken to hospital after he boiled and ate three toads.

Toxic toad soup hospitalises man in China.
Toxic toad soup hospitalises man in China.

The 70-year-old man boiled the toads and made a soup, which he ate, believing it to be a folk remedy for a skin condition. Soon after, he became ill and went to hospital, where he was diagnosed with shock and his stomach was pumped. Some species of toads are known to produce toxic substances that can be harmful and even fatal to humans. Read more: shanghaidaily.com

Explore related stories