Chiesa di San Rocco

Church in San Polo & Santa Croce

Originally built between 1489 and 1508, Bartolomeo Bon's creation received a baroque facelift between 1765 and 1771, which included a grand portal flanked by Giovanni Marchiori statues. Bon’s rose window was moved to the side of the church, near the architect’s original side door. Inside the church's Sala dell’Albergo are a couple of comparatively quiet works by Tintoretto, including St Roch Healing the Animals.

Advertisement