This Crusader church and monastery is one of the country’s best-preserved and most attractive Crusader remains. It was built about 1142 and destroyed in 1187. It is believed that the monastery stands on the remains of a Roman castle. A stone from it is displayed in the church and bears an inscription of the 10th Legion, a renowned Roman unit stationed in Jerusalem in the 1st century.
The building was used as both a mosque and a stable, and was rededicated as a church in 1907. Look for the minaret in the valley to find the complex.