Founded in 1204, this was once Ireland's largest Cistercian abbey, and is still very much a working parish church. In the grounds stand two Celtic high crosses (from the 7th and 9th centuries), brought here in the last century for protection. Around the corner, the Abbey Centre (open 9am to 1pm weekdays only) houses a small exhibition of Christian art, plus pictures of the abbey in its unrestored state.