Iglesia Jesús de Miramar

Church in Playa & Marianao

Despite its modernity, Playa cradles Cuba's second-largest church, an aesthetically pleasing neo-Romanesque structure topped by a giant dome. Built in 1948, it protects Cuba's largest pipe organ and – best of all – a set of truly amazing stations of the cross painted directly onto the walls by Spaniard Cesareo Hombrados Oñativia in the 1950s.

Advertisement