Mrs Macquaries Point

Park in Circular Quay & The Rocks

This peninsula was named in 1810 after Elizabeth, Governor Macquarie’s wife, who ordered a seat to be chiselled into the rock from which she could view the harbour. Mrs Macquaries Chair, as it's known, is still there today. It's in the Domain but is effectively an extension of the Botanic Gardens.

Advertisement