Arch Street Meeting House

Historic Building in Old City & Society Hill

Built in 1804 on land donated by William Penn in 1701, this is the largest Quaker meetinghouse in the US. The furniture is original and predates the building by 100 years. This is a good place to learn about the Quakers, who still meet here twice a week.

The brick wall that surrounds the property was built around 1728 to protect the graveyard.


Advertisement