The city's fine baroque cathedral on the east side of Piaţa Unirii was built in the mid- to late 18th century, after the Austro-Hungarian Empire had finally secured the area from Turkish influence. The main altar painting (1754) of St George slaying the dragon was carried out by Michael Angelo Unterberger, who was the director of the Fine Arts Academy in Vienna at the time of the cathedral's construction.

Walking & Biking Tours activity

Small-Group Timișoara Cycling Tour

$38