Welcome to Palmerston North
The rich farming region of Manawatu embraces the districts of Rangitikei to the north and Horowhenua to the south. The hub of it all, on the banks of the Manawatu River, is Palmerston North. Massey University, New Zealand’s largest, informs the town’s cultural and social structures and as a result ‘Palmy’ has an open-minded, rurally bookish vibe.
Amazing hotels and hostels
We've pre-picked the best hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Food and drink
- Local in Palmerston NorthCafe
- Café Cuba in Palmerston NorthCafe
- Fat Farmer in Palmerston NorthEuropean
- Yeda in Palmerston NorthAsian
- Nero Restaurant in Palmerston NorthInternational
- Table 188 Kitchen and Bar in Palmerston NorthBistro
- HARU Japanese Restaurant in Palmerston NorthJapanese
- Arranged Marriage in Palmerston NorthSouth Indian
- Wholegrain Organics in Palmerston NorthHealth Food
- Izakaya Yatai in Palmerston NorthJapanese