Pithoragarh Fort

Fort in Pithoragarh

This renovated historic fort was built by Gurkas in 1791 before being taken over by the British in 1815 who named it London Fort. There's a museum opening in the main British-era stone administrative building that sits next to an impressive banyan tree. For wonderful views be sure to walk the length of its ramparts.