Welcome to Chico
With its huge population of students, Chico has the wild energy of a college kegger during the school year, and a lazy, lethargic hangover during the summer. An oak-shaded downtown and university makes it one of Sacramento Valley’s more attractive hubs, where folks mingle late in the restaurants and bars, which open onto patios when it's warm.
Amazing hotels and hostels
We've pre-picked the best hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Food and drink
- Shubert’s Ice Cream & Candy in ChicoIce Cream
- Sierra Nevada Taproom & Restaurant in ChicoPub Food
- 5th Street Steakhouse in ChicoAmerican
- Red Tavern in ChicoAmerican
- Sin of Cortez in ChicoCafe
- El Paisa Taco Truck in ChicoMexican
- Chico Certified Farmers Market in ChicoMarket
- Nobby’s in ChicoBurgers
- Celestino’s Live from New York Pizza in ChicoPizza