Welcome to Asmara
An unexpectedly delightful capital city, Asmara is dotted with marvellous art deco and modernist architecture, authentic street-front coffee shops that make for prime people-watching, and sobering testaments to the many difficult years of fighting in the lead up to, and ensuing years since, independence. Also, as long as travel restrictions remain in place for the rest of the country, Asmara offers the most freedom to travellers, with anywhere within 25km of the city fair game for exploration without needing to apply for travel permits.
Food and drink
- Da Fortuna Gelato Italiano in AsmaraGelato
- Roof Garden in AsmaraIndian
- Ararat Restaurant in AsmaraItalian
- Dankur Restaurant in AsmaraEritrean
- Sun Pizza & Fast Food in AsmaraItalian
- American Bar in AsmaraFast Food
- Napoli Pizzeria in AsmaraPizza
- Spaghetti & Pizza House in AsmaraItalian
- Cathedral Snack Bar in AsmaraCafe
- Mask Place in AsmaraFast Food
3 days tour Asmara - Massawa - Keren
Visit Asmara, the city called as “Piccola Roma” (Little Rome)...
$40Tours & Sightseeing
Half-Day Asmara City Cycle Tour
The Asmara City Cycle Tour is a great way to discover the soul of the...
Tours & Sightseeing