Gesar Ling

Buddhist Temple in Lhasa

On the northern side of the small hill Parma Ri is the Gesar Ling, a Chinese construction dating back to 1793. It is the only Chinese-style temple in Lhasa. The main red-walled temple has a statue of Guandi, the Chinese God of War, while a separate yellow chapel holds the Tibetan equivalent, the mythical warrior Gesar, along with statues of Jampelyang, Chana Dorje (Vajrapani) and Chenresig.