Welcome to Tortuguero Village
Located within the confines of Parque Nacional Tortuguero, accessible only by air or water, this bustling little village with strong Afro-Caribbean roots is best known for attracting hordes of sea turtles (the name Tortuguero means ‘turtle catcher’) – and the hordes of tourists who want to see them. While peak turtle season is in July and August, the park and village have begun to attract travelers year-round. Even in October, when the turtles have pretty much returned to the sea, families and adventure travelers arrive to go on jungle hikes, take in the wild national park, and canoe the area’s lush canals.
No attractions found. Try another selection.
Experience Tortuguero Village
Food and drink
- Wild Ginger in Tortuguero VillageFusion
- Taylor's Place in Tortuguero VillageCaribbean
- Miss Junie’s in Tortuguero VillageCaribbean
- Tutti's Pizzeria y Restaurant in Tortuguero VillageItalian
- Mi Niño in Tortuguero VillageCaribbean
- Budda Cafe in Tortuguero VillageEuropean
- Dorling Bakery in Tortuguero VillageBakery
- Sunrise Restaurant in Tortuguero VillageCaribbean
- Soda Doña María in Tortuguero VillageSoda
- Miss Miriam’s in Tortuguero VillageCaribbean
Tortuguero Village activities
$114Day Trips & Excursions
Tortuguero National Park
Take an expedition by boat through the dense jungle of Tortuguero National Park...
Day Trips & Excursions