Welcome to Windsor & Richmond
Located some 60km northwest of central Sydney, hot, placid Windsor and Richmond were established very early in the colony's history as farming settlements. They were later two of the five towns in this area established by Governor Macquarie in 1810 and are home to some venerable buildings. Though they are now effectively outer suburbs of Sydney, they preserve a country-town feel.
Windsor, on a bend in the Hawkesbury River, offers more to the visitor, with a pleasantly shady pedestrian strip in its centre, along which many of the historic edifices are arrayed.