Wallblake House

Historic Building in The Valley

Behind a white picket fence lies Wallblake House, the Valley’s most interesting building. Built in 1787, it’s Anguilla's oldest structure and the only remaining plantation house on the island, having survived the French invasion of 1796, fire, drought and hurricanes. Now owned by the Catholic Church, it's the rectory of St Gerard's church, and is only accessible by free twice-weekly tours.

Advertisement