Chapelle Notre Dame de Lourdes

Top choice church

in Lifou

At the large white cross at Easo, stay on the coast road to a parking area below the small Chapelle Notre Dame de Lourdes. Steps lead up the hill to the chapel from where there are fantastic views of Baie de Jinek to the west and Baie du Santal to the east and south. The chapel was originally built in 1898 to commemorate the arrival of the first Catholic missionaries in 1858.