Get stuck on any of our tricky brain teasers? Don’t worry – here are the answers! Get ready to kick yourself…
1) Because if he’s living, he can’t be dead!
2) He fills up the 3-litre bucket and tips it into the 5-litre bucket. He fills up the 3-litre bucket again and fills up the 5-litre bucket (by adding another 2 litres). What’s left in the 3-litre bucket must be 1 litre
3) Your shadow
4) A needle
5) A teapot
6) An umbrella
7) A tape measure
8) A pair of glasses
9) An armchair
10) A hole
11) A lettuce
12) A bank
13) Tuesday, Thursday, today and tomorrow
14) A butterfly has six legs. Calling its antennae legs doesn’t make them legs.
15) The match
16) Four: one green, one pink, one orange and one blue.
17) Your name
18) A hole
20) Wouldn’t you prefer the snake to bit the tiger rather than you?
21) None. Cockerels do not lay eggs
22) The horse was called Tuesday
23) An egg
24) He only slept at night
25) They both weigh the same
26) They were grandfather, father and son
27) You took three, so you have three
28) He fell off the bottom step
29) Mt Everest
30) A sponge
31) A breath
32) T, S (they are the first letters of the next words in the question)
34) The soldier in uniform is the boy’s mother
35) A fire
36) A palm tree
37) A cold
Want more brain teaser madness? Check out our brand new book, Brain Teasers!