Närpes Church

Church in Närpes

Medieval Närpes Church, 1km south of Närpes' town centre, is surrounded by over 150 kyrkstallar (church stables), built in the 15th century for parishioners who rode in from rural farms to worship. Its altar dates from 1803 and was painted by the Swedish court painter Pehr Hörberg; the crucifix that lies upon it is from the 1400s.

Advertisement