Church of Panagia Faneromeni

Church in Nicosia (Lefkosia)

Built in 1872 on the site of an ancient Orthodox nunnery, this is the largest church within the city walls and is a mixture of neoclassical, Byzantine and Latin styles. The Marble Mausoleum on the eastern side of the church was built in memory of four clerics executed by the Ottoman governor in 1821 during the newly declared Greek War of Independence.

Advertisement