Built in 1861 at the behest of the Greek community, the interior of Vienna’s main Greek Orthodox church is a glittering blaze of Byzantine designs. A ceiling fresco depicting the prophets surrounded by swirls of gold is augmented by a high altar of 13 panels – each of which features sparkling gilding – and a doorway to the inner sanctum.