This archaeological site contains three pre-Columbian mounds dating from between AD 500 and 1200. The larger of the two under excavation contains five skeletons in the same position as when they were unearthed at 4m below. One is believed to be the grave of a chieftain, as it contained a number of gold and emerald objects. A small museum displaying pieces of pottery, arrowheads and carved stones found at the site was under renovation at the time of research.
Also here are rows of stone pedestals, all that remains of the so-called Temple of a Thousand Idols, removed by an American adventurer in the 1920s and sent to a museum in New York.