Welcome to Nueva Gerona
Flanked by the Sierra de las Casas to the west and the Sierra de Caballos to the east, Nueva Gerona is a small, unhurried town that hugs the left bank of the Río las Casas, the island's only large river. Its museums and vivacious entertainment scene will detain, entertain and drain you for a day or two before you trundle out to explore the swashbuckling south, and it has almost 100% of the island's somewhat scant services.
Amazing hotels and hostels
We've pre-picked the best hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Food and drink
- El Galeon in Nueva GeronaCuban
- Restaurante El Abra in Nueva GeronaCuban
- Buena Vista 39 in Nueva GeronaCuban
- Restaurante Toti in Nueva GeronaCuban
- Restaurante Río in Nueva GeronaSeafood
- El Cochinito in Nueva GeronaCaribbean
- Cubalse Supermarket in Nueva GeronaSupermarket
- Mercado Agropecuario in Nueva GeronaMarket