Via del Governo Vecchio
This unassuming sculpture is Rome’s most famous ‘talking statue’. During the 16th century, when there were no safe outlets for dissent,...
A self-consciously stylish bar-club in a converted 14th-century chapel, Bloom has Philippe Stark lighting and minimalist look that...
With a few inside tables and a mile-long menu of panini, the affectionally named ‘dirty one’ is a top spot for a cheap lunchtime bite....
Via del Governo Vecchio information
Striking off west from near Piazza Navona, Via del Governo Vecchio is an atmospheric street full of attractive boutiques, popular eateries and vintage clothes shops. The road, once part of the papal processional route that linked the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano to St Peter's, acquired its name in 1755 when the pontifical government relocated from Palazzo Nardini at No 39 to Palazzo Madama.
The architect Bramante is thought to have lived at No 123.