- 3 May 2010
- Filed under
adminLonely Planet author
Travelling and liquid refreshments go together like gin and tonic. Also, trying the local liquids is usually cheaper, and almost always more interesting than getting an international brand.
Can you name a city and a local drink that one should drink there? E.g. Singapore: Singapore Sling.
Over 800 people replied.
Here is a sample of their suggestions:
- @s_chamberland suggests Sol y Sombra in Madrid.
- @CometoCork suggests Murphy’s in Cork, Ireland.
- @Darzinho suggests Guinness in Dublin.
- @JFrayne suggests “Orxata (non alcoholic) & Agua de Valencia (alcoholic) for a cocktail at night” when you’re in Valencia, Spain.
- @isango suggests Bicerin in Torino (Turin), Italy.
- @RunawayJuno suggests Soju in Seoul.
- @ti2n suggests teh poci gula batu (hot java tea served with stone-sugar in a special teapot) when in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- @iya_indira suggests a refreshing drink called sinom, made from young tamarind leaves, palm sugar & herbs when in Surabaya, Indonesia.
- Nisha Jha suggests bhang when in Mathura, India.
- @Appel1980 suggested Konyagi in Stone Town, Zanzibar.
- Aadil Desai suggests Hibiscus Tea when in Cairo.