Budget: Less than US$200
- Room in a budget hotel: US$120–130
- Cracked conch meal: US$15–20
- Museum entrance: US$5-10
- Cruiser bike hire: US$18-20
- Rum punch: US$8-10
- Midrange hotel room: US$180–250
- Scooter hire: US$40–80
- Single kayak hire: US$70
- Restaurant meal: US$40–60
Top end: More than US$500
- Resort room: US$350–2000
- PADI Open-Water Referral course: US$795
- Top end three-course meal with wine: US$100–150
- Jeep hire: US$175
Haggling is not a recognized part of doing business in TCI.
ATMs are found in Providenciales and Grand Turk, but are less common elsewhere. Always carry some cash – the US dollar is the official currency. Turks and Caicos crowns and quarters are issued for small change.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
Tip 15% in restaurants and for taxi drivers. However, check your bill, as many restaurants add a service charge automatically.