Welcome to Lazi & Around
The quiet southeastern town of Lazi is bisected by the island's only major river, the Po-o (po-oh). The town is home to the impressive and stylishly time-worn, pink-coral-stone and timber San Isidro Labrador Church, built in 1884. Over the road, flanked by centuries-old acacia trees, is the oldest Catholic convent in the Philippines, a magnificent timber and stone villa, creaky with age and eerily serene. Upstairs is the small Siquijor Heritage Museum, with historical photographs and a few old santos. Downstairs is a working Catholic primary school.