St Faith’s Anglican Church

Church

in Rotorua

Consecrated in 1918, Ōhinemutu's historic timber church is intricately decorated with Māori carvings, tukutuku (woven panels), painted scrollwork and stained-glass windows. One window features an etched image of Christ wearing a Māori cloak, appearing to walk on the waters of Lake Rotorua, visible through the glass. Behind the church is a military graveyard and memorial – note the above-ground burials due to the geothermal activity.

null