Dedicated to Murugan, this nondescript temple 3km northeast of town affords beautiful panoramas of the surrounding hills and the plains miles below.
- Kurinji Andavar Temple
- Old Lighthouse
Pondy's lighthouse was completed in the 1830s and functioned for more than a century before being replaced in 1979.
- Masilamani Nathar Temple
Badly damaged by the 2004 tsunami, this 14th-century seafront temple is now repainted in kaleidoscopic colours.
- St John’s Church
Within the fort grounds stands this handsome, yellow-walled church (1846). Only open Sunday.