Constructed in 1581, the Iglesia & Convento de San Francisco is Cochabamba’s second-oldest church. However major revisions and renovation occurred in 1782 and 1925, and little of the original structure remains. The attached convent and cloister were added in the 1600s. The cloister was constructed of wood rather than the stone that was customary at the time. The pulpit displays good examples of mestizo design and there’s a fine gold-framed altarpiece.