Welcome to Athens
A beery, artsy and laid-back college town, Athens has an extremely popular football team (the University of Georgia Bulldogs, College Football Playoff National Championship runners-up in 2018), a world-famous music scene, a bona fide restaurant culture and surprisingly diverse nightlife. The university – UGA – drives the culture of Athens and ensures an ever-replenishing supply of young bar-hoppers and concert-goers, some of whom stick around long after graduation and become 'townies.' The pleasant, walkable downtown offers a plethora of funky choices for eating, drinking and shopping.
Amazing hotels and hostels
We've pre-picked the best hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Food and drink
- Home.made from Scratch in AthensSouthern US
- Five & Ten in AthensAmerican
- Ideal Bagel Co in AthensBreakfast
- White Tiger in AthensBarbecue
- National in AthensModern American
- Pouch in AthensPies
- Grit in AthensVegetarian
- Ike & Jane in AthensCafe
- Big City Bread Cafe in AthensDeli
- Ted's Most Best in AthensItalian